Marci Deane talks with Charlie Mackenzie, a Realtor with RE/MAX Crest Realty.
Charlie Mackenzie has been a Realtor with RE/MAX Crest Realty since 2002. He has won awards including the RE/MAX Platinum Award, 100% club, and the RE/MAX Hall Of Fame Award. He specializes in Single Family Homes, Duplexes and Waterfront Properties.
Outside of real estate, he is a musician and songwriter. Check out Charlie and his band, Memory Day on iTunes.
- [1:00] What is the best advice you ever got as a Realtor?
- Don’t speculate with your family home.
- Be careful, don’t risk your house.
- [2:40] What is going on in Deep Cove today?
- Both tourism and residential growth have skyrocketed.
- The district is looking to control traffic and parking but I don’t think they will be able to find a perfect fit.
- If you’re planning to live in Deep Cove, just be aware that it is a popular spot for tourists and others from around the Lower Mainland to spend the day.
- [4:30] Any development going on?
- Cove Gardens was built a couple of years ago.
- Cates Landing project is almost done phase one.
- Over the next 5 years, you will see around 5 new developments.
- Townhouses are doing very well. The current minimum is a 1,000,000. Over the last 5-6 years, they have doubled in value.
- [7:30] What areas of Deep Cover are in demand?
- It depends on the person. If you want the village feel the Cove is a great spot. If you want to be alone the outskirts can be a great place for peace and quiet.
- [8:10] How is the market?
- Deep Cove has a very limited inventory right now. It’s not hard to sell.
- [9:00] What are your predictions for 2019?
- Housing will continue to be the biggest political issue.
- Population growth is going to keep growing.
Contact Charlie Mackenzie