She specializes in working with new home buyers, simplifying the process and ensuring her clients understand their options.
Listen to Tazmeen’s previous interview with us here.
- [1:10] What are some of the biggest mistakes that you see strata corporations make?
- [1:35] There are new people on the strata council all the time and if the meeting minutes are lacking, it can hurt the whole building.
- [2:35] If the minutes from the meeting don’t look right to you, what should you do?
- [3:00] Your annual strata meetings are very important. You should always try to attend.
- [4:30] You are required by law to get the minutes of the annual meeting within 48 hours.
- [5:55] A lot of buildings will do special assessments in phases.
- [7:45] What are some good practices you have seen strata corporations do?
- [8:33] Some strata corporations might have a really low contingency fund. This might be due to the fact that all the work has already been done. Coincidentally, strata with a high contingency fund might be a red flag as they have a lot of work to do.
- [9:25] Do buildings need to provide a fee depreciation report?
- [11:05] I encourage all my clients to get on their council if they have any issues or concerns with the building.
- [11:38] Being on council can put potential buyers at ease when the time comes for you to sell your unit.