Marci Deane sits down with Brandon Crichton, a realtor with 2 year of experience with VPG Realty in North Vancouver. In this episode, Brandon talks about the difference between single agency and dual agency realtors, and how to come out ahead in North Vancouver’s competitive real estate market.
Single agency is an agent who represents clients in only 1 capacity, either as a buyer or a seller. This way, the agent protects the interest of the party they are representing.
Dual agency is an agent who works both sides. This can cause conflicts of interest (If you were hit by a car would you hire an agent to represent both sides?).
Best advice for real estate agents
- Have a plan.
- Have good systems and processes in place.
How to win as a buyer in North Vancouver
- Have a good strategy.
- Be prepared, have your paperwork done ahead of time. You’re going to have to act fast when you make an offer.
- Understand the process.
- You have to be competitive.
- Come with a clean offer. (i.e. everything has been checked and understood ahead of time)
How to make sure you’re the winning bid
- Don’t overspend, it might not be in your client’s best interest.
- Understand the market on a day-to-day basis.
- Know the other agents, and what their strategies might be.
- Have the cleanest offer.
Advice for finding a realtor
- The face on the ad does not tell you about the realtor experience.
- Pick 3 to 4 agents and interview them.
- Ask them how many deals they have done this year, if it’s their full-time job or not.
- If they don’t want to answer these questions, they won’t be the right fit.
Brandon in the Whistler Red Bull 400
Brandon is the defending champion of the Whistler Red Bull 400 from 2015. He’s heading back in 2016 to defend his title. Good luck Brandon, that is an intense race, and I wish you the best of luck!
- Web: brandoncrichton.com
- Office tel: 604-770-4353
- Direct tel: 778-847-2453
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org