Jacquie Wilson started off working as a volunteer coordinator but felt she needed a change. Since then she has been helping the people of North Vancouver with their real estate needs for the past 10 years. Whether you are a first-time buyer looking to get into the housing market, or looking to sell your property, or an experienced investor, she can provide you with comprehensive real estate solutions.
In this episode, Jacquie and Marci talk about Lower Lonsdale and float homes.
(Click on the time stamp to go to that part of the show)
- [2:08] A lot of professionals get paid by the Realtor during and after the deal is done. They have to pay the photographer, the floor planner, and the brokerage company.
- [3:10] I still make use of the newspaper for marketing. People still read the newspaper and I feel that it’s still worthwhile to be in that space.
- [4:20] Lower Lonsdale is a lot of fun. You can walk to the sea bus; go downtown for the night and come back home without having to worry about your car.
- Lower Lonsdale has a 203% sales ratio.
- [05:50] A lot of buyers don’t know that developers have construction extensions built into the contract. In some cases up to 2 years without a penalty.
- [06:15] You can take a Realtor to a development sales center. Having your own Realtor can protect you from a slick sales person.
- [6:55] Any advice you can give to someone looking to buy in Lower Lonsdale?
- Go big or go home. It’s a very hot market.
- [8:10] Tell us more about float homes.
- [8:53] At Mosquito Creek, you get to design your float home on site. The finished product is completely customized.
- [10:15] What fees are involved with owning a float home?
- Monthly fee to the marina.
- 1 year lease.
- You CAN’T get a mortgage for a float home, but you can take out a home equity line of credit.
- [14:00] Any predictions for Lower Lonsdale?
- I think the market is going to plateau, but the prices are not going to drop.
- If the prices do drop, a new group of buyers is going to pop up and drive prices up again.
Contact Jacquie Willson