Marci Deane talks with Ruth Hanson, the managing broker at Sotheby’s Realty.
With over two decades of experience in the real estate industry, including three years as a well-respected agent at Sotheby’s International Realty Canada’s North Vancouver office, Ruth is a seasoned and well-connected professional who has spent her career ensuring excellence in residential real estate sales, client service, and in building longstanding relationships with clientele and colleagues within the industry.
Marci and Ruth talk about Sotheby’s, what a managing broker does, and what questions a potential buyer or seller should be asking their real estate agent.
- [0:30] Tell us a little about Sotheby’s.
- [3:10] Do you remember a moment where you knew Realty was the right place for you?
- [5:45] What does a Managing Broker do?
- [9:15] Do you handle conveyancing?
- [13:15] What are some things that a potential buyer should be looking for in their Realtors company?
- [13:52] It’s very important that your Realtor knows about the neighborhood that you are looking to buy or sell in.
- [15:36] Your Realtor should be able to answer why they choose the company they are working for.
- [17:07] 33,000 people come to BC every year.
- [18:10] What are the most important things you should first ask your Realtor?
- You want to know about the company they work for and what that company has to offer.